Mobile Marketing Association
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is an international non-profit industry trade group that represents over 700 agencies, advertisers, hand held device manufacturers, wireless operators, aggregators, technology enablers, market research firms and other companies focused on marketing via the mobile channel.MMA Member Company Directory Learn how to become a member of the Mobile Marketing Association
The association’s headquarters are located in the United States, with branches located in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Asia Pacific (APAC) and Latin America (LATAM).
The MMA's aim is to work in a collaborative manner to educate the marketplace and establish industry-wide, national and international best practices and guidelines for mobile marketing.
The MMA also operates a series of Mobile Marketing Forums around the world, providing the opportunity for those new to mobile to learn how to engage the mobile channel, and those already engaged in mobile to learn how to deploy more advanced capabilities to enhance existing initiatives. The Mobile Marketing Forum brings together industry leaders and experts from around the globe to share their expertise on how to leverage the media channel.
The Mobile Marketing Group MMGjoins the Mobile Marketing Association
The association was founded in 2000 as the Wireless Advertising Association (WAA), a New York-based non-profit trade association. In 2003, the WAA and the European-based Wireless Marketing Association (WMA) joined to form Mobile Marketing Association in the United Kingdom and France. The MMA North America remained at around 10–20 member companies until 2005 when mobile marketing began to take off in the United States. MMA established two national chapters in Austria and Spain and regional branches for EMEA and APAC in 2007 and for LATAM in 2008.
As the primary source for mobile marketing information and expertise, the MMA is dedicated to:
- Providing an industry forum to meet, discuss, plan and work cooperatively to resolve key industry issues
- Bringing together industry-wide, global and regional work groups that focus on industry initiatives
- Providing representation for the mobile marketing industry to major legislative bodies worldwide
- Sharing perspectives on mobile marketing between Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the U.S.
- Fueling peer-to-peer interaction through seminars, conferences and events
- Developing metrics for measuring ad delivery and consumer response
- Developing open and compatible mobile marketing technical and creative standards
- Defining and publishing mobile marketing best practices and guidelines on privacy, ad delivery, and ad measurement
- Providing the value and effectiveness of mobile marketing to advertisers, agencies and consumers
- Serving as the key advocate on behalf of the mobile marketing industry
Current MMA Global committees and action teams include: