Who is Rhomobile?
Rhomobile Inc. offers an open-source Ruby-based mobile development framework for business mobility solutions. It enables software programmers to build applications for mobile devices using HTML instead of proprietary languages such as Objective-C. Rhomobile’ s Rhodes framework supports development for the iPhone, Windows Mobile, Google Android, Symbian and BlackBerry operating systems.
What does Rhomobile do?
- Rhomobile is exclusively focused on helping developers bring enterprise applications to smartphones
- The Rhodes Framework is the fastest way to develop a smartphone application---for any major platform
- RhoSync connects smartphone applications to the enterprise back-end
- RhoHub offers development-on-demand with a web-based IDE, provisioning service and builds for multiple smartphone platforms.
Why Rhodes applications matter
- Applications developed with the Rhodes framework are true native apps--that support full device features such as camera and geolocation
- Because Rhodes apps are native, they appear in app stores for devices like the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile
- Rhodes applications work offline, but with RhoSync can have data synchronized and updated.
- All Rhomobile products are available under the GPLv3, if you GPL your app pay Rhomobile nothing
- Commercial licenses are available for both Rhodes and RhoSync.
- Rhodes is $500 per app including updates for a year.
- RhoSync starts at $5,000 and scales up logarithmically (meaning that more users cost less per user)
- RhoHub is still in a free public beta.
Contact Our Sales Team
Rhomobile offers a variety of screencasts on Rhomobile.