Who We Are
Thumbplay, Inc. is the nation's largest and fastest-growing provider of mobile content. Featuring music, videos, games and more, Thumbplay’s extensive and ever-growing entertainment library is accessible on every major carrier in the U.S., reaching more than 230 million U.S. wireless subscribers on more than 2,500 different types of phones. Thumbplay offers an optimal user experience, including its live, “24/7/365,” customer service and an unparalleled catalog of mobile entertainment options. The company is online at Thumbplay.com, where it gets more than five million unique visitors per month, and its mobile (WAP) site (m.thumbplay.com) receives more than 12 million monthly page views.
Thumbplay’s direct-to-consumer service features licensed content from the world’s largest entertainment companies, including EMI Music, Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group and Sony Pictures Television, as well as several independent labels and artists and video game companies. Thumbplay’s mobile entertainment catalog is integrated into Clear Channel Radio, AOL and MSN Mobile sites, as well as music discovery service iLike.com.
To keep up on the hottest content on Thumbplay, please visit the “Thumbs Up” blog: http://www.thumbplay.com/thumbsup/.
• Webby “Official Honoree” recipient • 2009
• Stevie® Award for "Customer Service Leader of the Year" • 2009
• BusinessWeek's Best of the Web 2008 Music
• BusinessWeek's Best of the Web 2008 Games
• Deloitte's Rising Star 2008
• New York Ten Awards: Best Executive Team 2008
• OnMedia 100 2008 (a list of the top digital media, marketing, and advertising companies, based on innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value, and media buzz)
• OnMedia Northeast Top 100 Companies 2008 (a list of the top 100 emerging companies from the Northeastern United States that are creating new business opportunities in high-growth markets)
• Silicon Alley 25: The World's Most Valuable Digital Startups
• Meffys Award for "Off Deck Services" 2008 (for offering mobile consumers added value for money and easy access to a wide choice of mobile entertainment)
• AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies 2008 (a list of the hottest private companies in technology)
• Webby Award: Mobile Marketplace & Services 2007
• Webby Award: People's Voice 2007
• New York Ten Awards: Best Emerging CEO 2007
• New York Ten Awards: Best New Product or Service 2006
What Thumbplay Offers
Marketers are able to advertise to the Thumbplay audience through a variety of online and mobile media such as branded storefronts, banners, text links, video, email, widgets and integrated sponsorship. We offer unique targeting abilities including geographical area, content, cell phone use as well as other criteria. Find out more about advertising with us here.
Headquartered in New York City, Thumbplay was founded in September 2004 by Are Traasdahl and Evan Schwartz. It is backed by Bain Capital Ventures, SoftBank Capital, i-Hatch Ventures, Redwood Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Meritech, Brookside Capital Partners and Cross Creek Capital. More information can be found at www.thumbplay.com or at m.thumbplay.com from a mobile phone.
599 Broadway-8th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Customer Care and Technical Support
Licensing and Partnerships
Find out more
Advertise With Us
Find out more
For media inquiries, please contact: